Our Mission Statement
Book of Mormon Central (BMC) exists to invite all people, especially the rising generation, to:
- Build faith in Jesus Christ
- Learn and cherish pure doctrine (1 Timothy 1:3-4)
- “Remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon” (D&C 84:57)
- Access scholarly evidence from BMC to answer hard questions about the Book of Mormon, including its origins—so that they “may know the truth of all things” (Moroni 10:5)
Who We Are
Book of Mormon Central is a team of ardent students of the Nephite scripture working together to share the wonders of this inspired masterpiece with the world. The team consists of archivists, researchers, writers, editors, reviewers, illustrators, narrators, audio engineers, video engineers, web designers, web and mobile developers, graphic artists, and social media publishers in addition to support personnel. Book of Mormon Central is headquartered in Utah County, Utah. Its mission is to increase understanding and faithful engagement with the Book of Mormon. The organization accomplishes its mission in several ways:
- Archive. The Book of Mormon Central Archive is a comprehensive digital repository of textual, visual, and audio resources relevant to the Book of Mormon.
- Notes. The Book of Mormon Central Commentary is a verse by verse exegesis of the text linked to the archive.
- Annotated Text. The Book of Mormon Central Annotated Text is a word by word exegesis of the text linked to the LDS canon and to the archive.
- KnoWhys. Book of Mormon Central KnoWhys are daily short essays, memes, podcasts, and videos about some aspect of the text published in more than a dozen social media venues.
The legal organization behind Book of Mormon Central is Ancient America Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit public charity chartered in the state of Utah in 1983. Book of Mormon Central is not an official part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but rather an independent organization. AAF welcomes donations in support of this work. Book of Mormon Central is only possible through the diligent service of many volunteers. These include:
- John W. (Jack) Welch, Chairman
- Kirk A. Magleby, Executive Director
- V. Garth Norman, President
- Shannon S. Magleby, Treasurer
- J. Cheryl Norman, Secretary
- Alan C. Miner, Board Member
- Taylor Halverson, Consultant
Book of Mormon Central began operating in May, 2015.
Meet Book of Mormon Central
Research Project Manager and Operations Manager
Editor, Script Writer, Designer
Digital Publishing Manager
Web Architect, Content Manager, Graphic Artist
Research Project Manager
Research Project Manager
Web Designer & Developer Technical Support