You are here
Come Follow Me 2019: 1 Corinthians 14–16
1 Corinthians 14–16
September 2–8. “God Is Not the Author of Confusion, but of Peace”
Lynne Wilson, "1 Corinthians 14-16," Come Follow Me: The New Testament, 2019.
- Talyor Halverson, “Let all things be done decently and in order,” Interpreter Foundation, July 7, 2013.
The Gift of Prophecy
- Dean Sorensen, “Is the gift of prophecy limited to those whom we sustain as prophets, seers, and revelators?” Ensign, April 1990.
Paul and Keeping Women Silent
- Sherrie Mills Johnson, “Paul’s Teachings in 1 Corinthians on Women,” Shedding Light on the New Testament: Acts–Revelation, ed. Ray L. Huntington, Frank F. Judd Jr., and David M. Whitchurch (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2009), 129–52.
- Richard D. Draper, “New Light on Paul’s Teachings,” Ensign, September 1999.
Baptisms for the Dead
- H. David Burton, “Baptism for the Dead: LDS Practice,” Encyclopedia of Mormonism
- Krister Stendahl, “Baptism for the Dead: Ancient Sources,” Encyclopedia of Mormonism
- Daniel B. Sharp, "Vicarious Baptism for the Dead: 1 Corinthians 15:29,” Studies in the Bible and Antiquity 6, no. 3 (2014).
- Robert L. Millet, “Was baptism for the dead a non-Christian practice in New Testament times (see 1 Cor. 15:29), or was it a practice of the Church of Jesus Christ, as it is today?” Ensign, August 1987.
- Hugh Nibley, “Baptism for the Dead in Ancient Times,” Mormonism and Early Christianity [add link]
- David L. Paulsen, Roger D. Cook, and Kendel J. Christensen, “The Harrowing of Hell: Salvation for the Dead in Early Christianity,” Journal of Book of Mormon and Other Restoration Scripture 19, no. 1 (2010): 56–77
- David L. Paulsen and Brock M. Mason, “Baptism for the Dead in Early Christianity,” Journal of Book of Mormon and Other Restoration Scripture 19, no. 2 (2010): 22–49.
- David L. Paulsen, Kendel J. Christensen, and Martin Pulido, "Redeeming the Dead: Tender Mercies, Turning of Hearts, and Restoration of Authority," Journal of the Book of Mormon and Other Restoration Scripture 20, no. 1 (2011): 28–51.
- David L. Paulsen, Kendel J. Christensen, Martin Pulido, and Judson Burton, “Redemption of the Dead: Continuing Revelation after Joseph Smith,” Journal of Book of Mormon and Other Restoration Scripture 20, no. 2 (2011): 52–69.
Christ’s Victory Over Death
- Paul V. Johnson, “And There Shall Be No More Death,” General Conference April 1985.
- Robert J. Matthews, “Resurrection: the Ultimate Triumph,” in Jesus Christ: Son of God, Savior, ed. Paul H. Peterson, Gary L. Hatch, and Laura D. Card (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2002), 313–33.
- David Larsen, “Death Being Swallowed Up in Netzach in the Bible and the Book of Mormon,” BYU Studies Quarterly 55, no. 4 (2016): 123–134.
- Bruce K. Satterfield, “Nature of Resurrected Bodies,” Brigham Young University