You are here
Come Follow Me 2019: 1-3 John; Jude
1-3 John; Jude
December 2-8. “God Is Love”
Lynne Hilton Wilson, "1-3 John; Jude," Come Follow Me: The New Testament, 2019.
Overview of John’s Epistles
- W. Jeffrey Marsh, “Twilight in the Early Church,” in Go Ye into All the World: Messages of the New Testament Apostles, 31st Annual Sidney B. Sperry Symposium (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2002), 319–334.
The Light and Love of God
- John H. Groberg, “The Power of God’s Love,” Ensign, November 2011.
- M. Russell Ballard, “God’s Love for His Children,” Ensign, May 1988.
“Has ‘no man…seen God at any time’?”
- Taylor Halverson, “Women in the Scriptures Who Have Seen God,” LDS Living, March 2019.
- “How Can I Respond When my Friends Say that no Man Can See God?” New-Era, August 2011.
- James Stutz, “Can a Man See God? 1 Timothy 6:16 in Light of Ancient and Modern Revelation,” Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture 8 (2014): 11–26.
Overcoming the World through Faith in Christ
- Terrance D. Olson, “Agency and Self-Deception in the Writings of James and 1 John,” in Go Ye into All the World: Messages of the New Testament Apostles, 31st Annual Sidney B. Sperry Symposium (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2002), 290–304.
- Neil L. Andersen, “Overcoming the World,” General Conference April 2017.
- Gaye Strathearn, “The Overlooked Epistle of Jude,” Shedding Light on the New Testament: Acts–Revelation, ed. Ray L. Huntington, Frank F. Judd Jr., and David M. Whitchurch (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2009), 227–46.