You are here
2 Corinthians 8-13
September 16–22. “God Loveth a Cheerful Giver”
Lynne Hilton Wilson, "2 Corinthians 7-13," Come Follow Me: The New Testament, 2019.
Serving the Poor and the Needy and Cheerful Giving
- John K. Carmack, “Bless the Poor and Needy,” BYU Speeches February 2004.
- Dallin H. Oaks, “Why Do We Serve?” General Conference October 1984.
- Arthur C. Brooks, “Why Giving Matters,” BYU Speeches February 2009.
- M. Russell Ballard, “Beware of False Prophets and False Teachers,” General Conference October 1999.
Personal Faithfulness in the Gospel
- M. Russell Ballard, “How Elder Ballard Responded When a Member Told Him He Was a False Prophet,” LDS Living.
The Third Heaven
- Monte S. Nyman, “Six Visions of Eternity,” in Sperry Symposium Classics: The Doctrine and Covenants, ed. Craig K. Manscill (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2004), 198–201.
Two or Three Witnesses
- Gaye Strathearn, “‘Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified’: Paul’s Testimony of Christ,” in Jesus Christ: Son of God, Savior, ed. Paul H. Peterson, Gary L. Hatch, and Laura D. Card (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2002), 334–57.