You are here
Come Follow Me: 1 Corinthians 1−7
1 Corinthians 1−7
August 19–25. “Be Perfectly Joined Together”
Lynne Hilton Wilson, "1 Corinthians 1-7," Come Follow Me: The New Testament, 2019.
The First Epistle to Corinth
- Edward J. Brandt, “New Testament Backgrounds: 1 and 2 Corinthians,” Ensign, February 1976.
The Wisdom of God or the Wisdom of Men
- Eric D. Huntsman, “‘The Wisdom of Men’: Greek Philosophy, Corinthian Behavior, and the Teachings of Paul,” Shedding Light on the New Testament: Acts–Revelation, ed. Ray L. Huntington, Frank F. Judd Jr., and David M. Whitchurch (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2009), 67–97.
- Mary Jane Woodger, “The ‘I’s’ of Corinth: Modern Problems Not New,” in Go Ye into All the World: Messages of the New Testament Apostles, 31stAnnual Sidney B. Sperry Symposium (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2002), 41–56.
- Monte S. Nyman, “The Stumbling Blocks of First Corinthians,” in Sperry Symposium Classics: The New Testament, ed. Frank F. Judd Jr. and Gaye Strathearn (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University; Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2006), 284–295
- Bruce R. McConkie, “The Foolishness of Teaching,” in The Voice of My Servants: Apostolic Messages on Teaching, Learning, and Scripture, ed. Scott C. Esplin and Richard Neitzel Holzapfel (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University; Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2010), 69–96
Eternal Marriage and Chastity
- Kent R. Brooks, “Paul’s Inspired Teachings on Marriage,” in Go Ye into All the World: Messages of the New Testament Apostles, 31st Annual Sidney B. Sperry Symposium (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2002), 75–97.
- C. Wilfred Griggs, “I get the impression from reading 1 Corinthians 7:7-9 that Paul was not married and was against marriage in general. How can his views be reconciled with the revealed truths of eternal marriage?” Ensign, February 1976.
- Russel M. Nelson, “Disciples of Jesus Christ—Defenders of Marriage,” BYU Speeches August 2014.
- Jeffrey R. Holland, “Souls, Symbols, and Sacraments,” BYU Speeches January 1988.
- David A. Bednar, “Things as They Really Are,” Ensign, June 2010.
- David A. Bednar, “’Ye Are the Temple of God,’” Ensign, September 2001.
- Brent J. Schmidt, “Temple Elements in Ancient Religious Communities,” BYU Studies 50:1.