You are here
1 Corinthians 1−7
August 19–25. “Be Perfectly Joined Together”
Lynne Hilton Wilson, "1 Corinthians 1-7," Come Follow Me: The New Testament, 2019.
The First Epistle to Corinth
- Edward J. Brandt, “New Testament Backgrounds: 1 and 2 Corinthians,” Ensign, February 1976.
The Wisdom of God or the Wisdom of Men
- Eric D. Huntsman, “‘The Wisdom of Men’: Greek Philosophy, Corinthian Behavior, and the Teachings of Paul,” Shedding Light on the New Testament: Acts–Revelation, ed. Ray L. Huntington, Frank F. Judd Jr., and David M. Whitchurch (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2009), 67–97.
- Mary Jane Woodger, “The ‘I’s’ of Corinth: Modern Problems Not New,” in Go Ye into All the World: Messages of the New Testament Apostles, 31stAnnual Sidney B. Sperry Symposium (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2002), 41–56.
- Monte S. Nyman, “The Stumbling Blocks of First Corinthians,” in Sperry Symposium Classics: The New Testament, ed. Frank F. Judd Jr. and Gaye Strathearn (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University; Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2006), 284–295
- Bruce R. McConkie, “The Foolishness of Teaching,” in The Voice of My Servants: Apostolic Messages on Teaching, Learning, and Scripture, ed. Scott C. Esplin and Richard Neitzel Holzapfel (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University; Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2010), 69–96
Eternal Marriage and Chastity
- Kent R. Brooks, “Paul’s Inspired Teachings on Marriage,” in Go Ye into All the World: Messages of the New Testament Apostles, 31st Annual Sidney B. Sperry Symposium (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2002), 75–97.
- C. Wilfred Griggs, “I get the impression from reading 1 Corinthians 7:7-9 that Paul was not married and was against marriage in general. How can his views be reconciled with the revealed truths of eternal marriage?” Ensign, February 1976.
- Russel M. Nelson, “Disciples of Jesus Christ—Defenders of Marriage,” BYU Speeches August 2014.
- Jeffrey R. Holland, “Souls, Symbols, and Sacraments,” BYU Speeches January 1988.
- David A. Bednar, “Things as They Really Are,” Ensign, June 2010.
- David A. Bednar, “’Ye Are the Temple of God,’” Ensign, September 2001.
- Brent J. Schmidt, “Temple Elements in Ancient Religious Communities,” BYU Studies 50:1.
Bible Videos, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Church of Jesus Christ Youth
BYU New Testament Commentary
Boyd K, Packer, General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ
Wendy W. Nelson, Gospel Media Library
Henry B. Eyring, Gospel Media Library
Jeffrey R. Holland, Gospel Media Library
David A. Bednar, Gospel Media Library
Gospel Media Library
Gospel Media Library
The Bible Project
Claude Vignon, Harvard Art Museums
Attributed to Valentin de Boulogne, Wikimedia Commons
Unknown, Wikimedia Commons