You are here
Come Follow Me 2020: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon
December 30 - January 05. “Another Testament of Jesus Christ”
Learn about the Book of Mormon with verse by verse commentaries from renowned Book of Mormon scholars like John W. Welch and Brant A. Gardner. Read this week's KnoWhy connected with the Come Follow Me curriculum, and watch a video elucidating an insight in this week's scripture reading.
Structure your personal scripture study by following a multimedia, day by day plan. Each day's assignment includes the required scripture passages from the Come Follow Me curriculum, as well as suggestions for additional resources to bring context and understanding to your study. Download the ScripturePlus app to integrate this Reading Plan into your personal scripture study and track your progress.
- Title Page
- Video: The Story of the Book of Mormon: The Plates of Mormon (3:31)
- KnoWhy 484 Why Is the Book of Mormon So Focused on Jesus Christ?
- Introduction to the Book of Mormon
- KnoWhy 272 Where Can You Best Learn about God’s Plan of Salvation?
- Testimony of the Three Witnesses
- KnoWhy 267 Why Were Three Key Witnesses Chosen to Testify of the Book of Mormon?
- KnoWhy 521 Did the Book of Mormon Witnesses Really See What They Claimed?
- KnoWhy 291 How Did Martin Harris Help Bring Forth the Book of Mormon?
- KnoWhy 270 How Important was Oliver Cowdery in Bringing Forth the Book of Mormon?
- KnoWhy 395 Why Is David Whitmer’s Witness of the Book of Mormon So Compelling?
- Testimony of the Eight Witnesses
- KnoWhy 54 Who Are the "Few" Who Were Permitted to See the Plates?
- KnoWhy 403 Are the Accounts of the Golden Plates Believable?
- KnoWhy 386 How Did Emma Smith Help Bring Forth the Book of Mormon?
- KnoWhy 455 What Does Mary Whitmer Teach Us About Enduring Trials?
- KnoWhy 385 How Can Sally Conrad’s Witness of the Book of Mormon Strengthen Our Faith?
- Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith
- KnoWhy 273 Why Did the Book of Mormon Come Forth as a Miracle?
- KnoWhy 506 Why Is the Timing of the Book of Mormon’s Translation So “Marvelous”?
- KnoWhy 366: Why Were the Plates Present During the Translation of the Book of Mormon?
- KnoWhy 399: Is It Possible That a Single Author Wrote the Book of Mormon?
- Video: Is It Possible That a Single Author Wrote the Book of Mormon? (3:15)
- Brief Explanation about the Book of Mormon
- Chart: Book of Mormon Plates and Records
- KnoWhy 193 Why Did Moroni Deliver the Plates on September 22?
- KnoWhy 503: How Does the “Mosiah-First” Translation Sequence Strengthen Faith?
- KnoWhy 63: Why is the Book of Mormon a Classic?
- Chart: The Keystone of Our Religion
- Video: Was Joseph Smith the “Author” of the Book of Mormon? (4:09)
The Interpreter Foundation, Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon Lesson 1: December 30–January 5
Ludlow, Daniel H.. "The Challenge of the Book of Mormon." In The Book of Mormon: The Keystone Scripture, edited by Paul R. Cheesman, S. Kent Brown and Charles D. Tate, Jr., 1-20. Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 1988.
Welch, John W., and Tim Rathbone. "How Long Did It Take to Translate the Book of Mormon?" In Reexploring the Book of Mormon, edited by John W. Welch, 1-8. Provo, UT/Salt Lake City: FARMS/Deseret Book, 1992.
Matthews, Robert J.. "What the Book of Mormon Tells Us About Jesus Christ." In The Book of Mormon: The Keystone Scripture, edited by Paul R. Cheesman, S. Kent Brown and Charles D. Tate, Jr., 21-43. Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 1988.
Schaefer, Mitchell K.. "‘The Testimony of Men’: William E. McLellin and the Book of Mormon Witnesses." BYU Studies Quarterly 50, no. 1 (2011): 99-110.